I would like to begin my post with the findings of a little bit of reading and a small study, that I conducted recently, which incidentally, is also the title.
The result:
Kasab is not a Pakistani!
Already I can imagine a crowd in front of me shouting:
“How come?”
“Are you influenced by one Mr. AR Antulay?”
“You’re out of your mind!”
“You’re a traitor!”
“You are with the enemy country!”
“Are you joining politics?”
Why, not only my own friends and fellow bloggers, well-wishers, even my own family members might launch a counter-attack on my utterance! My wife would say, “Enough of that What nonsanz, now, this is getting too much!”
My daughter, in her inimitable style would say, “Oh, You’ve lost it all!”
But let me repeat it for you:
Kasab is not a Pakistani!
What makes me arrive at such an unpopular, outrageous, ridiculous conclusion? Do I have any evidence to this so -called finding?
Of course I do. To understand what I mean, read the news item that appeared in the newspapers after Amir Ajmal or Mohammad Ajmal or Mohammad Ajmal Iman …..or whatever his name…(several newspapers are calling him by different names), was caught alive after the CST killings in Mumbai.
Perhaps you have read it too!
But I reproduce the relevant text below for you:
Excerpt from the article below:
According to a source, when the crime branch personnel asked Ajmal Amir for his surname, he said he didn't have one. This put the policemen in a quandary as the officials always record the surname of a complainant in the FIR.
They then used the "Indian way'' to get around this hurdle. As several Indians have derived their surnames from their traditional profession-such as Mali for gardners, Kumbhare for potters among others-the policemen decided to do the same with Mohammed Ajmal.
They asked him for his father's profession and learnt that he was a butcher-the officials then entered his surname as Kasab (Urdu for butcher).
Ok, so there you have it!
Kasab is not his name. He got it here from the Mumbai Police! They christened him!
I wonder if they had a small little ceremony, perhaps not, since the TV didnt cover it!
But their seniors must have loved the name.
The electronic media certainly loved the name.
The newspapers too loved the name.
Mind you, each and every newspaper and TV channel calls him Kasab!
Kasab - nothing else!
That’s not all.
The Indian Government loved the name.
Everyday they claim “Kasab is a Pakistani!”
And guess what? The Pakistani Government loved it too!
Oh they just loved us for that favor!
Every day they emphasise:
“Kasab is not a Pakistani!”
Because there was no person by name of “Kasab” involved in the terror attack!
They may have looked up the record of those born and/or residing in Faridkot by the name of "Kasab". So that one could stand the most stringent international scrutiny!
The Pak Government is now happily chanting
“Kasab is not a Pakistani!”
So isnt that right?
They are only saying “Kasab is not a Pakistani”. Nothing else!
Because, my dear ones, the arrested terrorist, is not “Kasab”.
If the report about the origin of the new name, ‘Kasab’, awarded by the Mumbai Police is true, which I suppose it would be, would it not have been better to have avoided its reference in future news items? Would it not be prudent to stick to the name declared by the arrested individual in all future legal proceedings instead of the name thrust upon him?
I do hope you will not ask, “What’s in a name?”
So, until the authorities put an end to what they gave birth to on Indian soil, which I very much hope they do, let me say "Merry Christmas, 'Kasab'!". After all it is just a brand new name!
I hope things are set right and that I wouldn't have to wish 'Kasab' for the coming new year too!
To end my post, I cite a quote that comes to mind:
I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn
Vote for me @ Dubbagol!
Turning 35
2 months ago
13 comments:
Pakistan is absolutely right...the Indians have again been found wanting...their knowledge of Pakistan and things Pakistani is abysmal. No wonder we keep having terror attacks, people keep getting butchered, and the the intelligence keeps failing.
Kasab is not Pakistani...Pakistan is Kasab!
huh....its the media hype who knows...police might not want him 2 call kasab but some media person might have started!
anyways the last quote is really good! haha
First time on your blog..
This is very interesting..
Atlast Ajmal has got a new name, which he may never dreamt of.. he may thank our police for this catchy name :)
Very nice blog :)
"Pakistan is Kasab"
...yes, why nobody said it that way, the right way.
But BBC verified his origins right down to the surname.
Anyway, it is immaterial.
@ Vinod, you said it!
@ Sahaja, media hype -certainly, but police might not want to call him Kasab- the FIR recorded him as "Kasab". I hope you realise the role the FIR plays in criminal proceedings?
@ Kanaguonline - Welcome to my blog! Glad to know you found this interesting. Do read my favorite posts and my past posts too!
This sounds too weird to be true, how can the police make up a name by themself, if it were a chota-mota chor then its ok.. but a terrorist
kind of a "it happens only in india " situation
@ Swaps, Immaterial? Time will tell!
@ Maya, you're right - it happens only in India!
I understand that you may be right. But that does not prove if he is pakistani or not. it proves that the police have probably made a few mistakes, or more importantly it could have been the media who has made the mistake. Its suprising that you would believe the media who is forever making a mockery of issues over people who have laid their lives for the country. Again, you may be right, he may not be pakistani but there is an equal chance that he is. A layman knows nothing but what the media tells him and believe me being a mediaman myself I know that the government does not tell us 80% of the things for reasons unknown, right or wrong. But if you are trying to prove this by reading and media ?? Pleasee...
Ohh...hmm....one more incident to show yahan kuch bhi ho saktha hai! both positive and negative!
@C2C - Please read my post carefully, I have not said that "he is not a Pakistani". I hope you get the hint. One can only hope, but the TOI did report of recording his name as "Ajmal Amir Kasab". this post is not about the dispute about the arrested terrorist or whether he should get a lawyer etc.
@ Sahaja, you got it!
How about this twist....from Pakistan
This guy captured is an Indian spy. He was planted in LeT or whatever there is...
He was trained and it was he who suggested this idea of attacking Taj/Oberoi at the prompting of his Indian masters.
This was a Hindu-Zionist conspiracy to attack the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.....
After all in 1971, it was an Indian mole who instigated the hijacking and blowing of an Indian Airlnes plane. This was used as an excuse to ban Pakistani planes overflying India.
Humour to us but will be seriously believe by neighbours across the border.
Seriously, I am not sure what is the real name and what has been recorded. You will note the official silence on this is deafening. It is only media quoting "sources speaking on condition of anonymity" that is feeding us.
Looks like we have gaping holes not only in our defence structure but also in our officialdom.
Mavin, anyone can say anything. But no one can beat officialdom in not knowing who's interest they are really helping or serving!
Post a Comment