Share this blog with your friends and well-wishers!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First Short Story

I have been regularly reading Corinne Rodrigues' Blog "Everyday Gyaan" for sometime now.

I found every post of her blog thought-provoking, inspirational and one that motivates the reader towards self-improvement.

So when I got this email recently from Corinne, requesting me to contribute a guest post for her blog, on the subject of "making a choice to be happy", I was at a loss for ideas. I had read several of her posts and knew exactly the kind of posts that her readers would love. But how could i write a post like that, i wondered?

I suddenly felt like a clown in a circus being asked to counsel a wayward mischievous kid in the crowd to behave himself and not do anything remotely funny.

The next thing i read is a message from Jeans on Twitter about the Kreativ Blogger award (that i announced in my last post). Must write...must write...
A short story would be the right way to go about it, i thought.

Do read my first work of fiction - a short story,
"The Chosen One" in Corinne's blog.

I am no great story teller and this being my first attempt at writing fiction of any kind, I sincerely hope you all do like it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing story, very well written. Congratulations on writing your first story and I am sure there are many more to come. I found the story very optimistic and a great inspiration- also got to see a different side of your writing.

~Puja Haridas.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Puja,for the nice encouraging words!

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Hey Gopi - They're loving it :)
Thanks again
Corinne

BK Chowla, said...

You say you are not a great story teller. You are

Unknown said...

BK Chowlaji, thanks for the compliment, but IMHO, i have yet to do so much for this kind of writing to be called "great".

Mavin said...

Wow....so humour is not thee only genre.

A well told gripping tale...

Gopinath Mavinkurve said...

Thanks, Mavin - my attempt to provide some variety, i guess!

Sakhi said...

i am off to corrine's blog!! HAVE to read YOUR short story! am sure its mind blowing! :)