
Thanks, Jeans! I will try to justify this award… I promise!
If there is any prize for the number of cartoons that a single event prompted around the world in 2009, it was Barack Obama being conferred the Nobel Peace Prize, that would win - hands down! Click on each of the results of this google-page search below and have a look for yourself!
Google Search Link here
And therein lies the difference! Not a single cartoon of me receiving the award and pronouncing “Now that I have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award, its time for me to do something Kreativ”. How about kreating chaos and confusion, wherever I go, does that count, folks?
Again, unlike Barack Obama, who continues to go about his global agenda, increasing troops in the Af-Pak region, I immediately decided to do something creative to justify the award bestowed upon me. Not having written a single piece of fiction – not even a short story, (can you imagine?), I began wondering if the world would even classify me as a writer, let alone a creative one if they had to StumbleUpon my whatnonsanz? “A creative writer! Whatnonsanz!” Must write something creative….must write something creative….
Did I hear someone knock on my door? Hey I was just trying to be creative guys, don’t come over to take my award back – even Barack Obama has been given lotsa time, hasn’t he? And as one cartoonist observed, he has already brokered peace between a black professor and a white cop over beer, hasn’t he? Just hang on, folks, we’re still trying!
Meanwhile I also need to tell you 7 things about myself which you don’t know (or at least I can pretend not to know):
1. I play a musical instrument… didn’t know na? The second fiddle… at home.
2. My only ambition in life was to become filthy rich – I have already achieved 50% success. Already, I am filthy - just need to be rich…
3. Before I could spell “ambition”, I wanted to become a bus conductor - of a double decker BEST bus in Mumbai. Just thought he was the most powerful person on earth!
4. When in need of better blogpost ideas, I put on my Thinking Shoes, unlike most people, who put on their Thinking Caps – I get all my writing ideas during my long, brisk walks.
5. I plan to do research on how shoe-laces manage to untie themselves so that the principles of self-motivation can be applied to humans.
6. I don’t drive. I do drive….people crazy, though.
7. I owe my success so far, entirely to my socks. If you’re confused about which success I am talking about, do read more about it in Srl. 2 above.
Finally, I give the award to the following deserving bloggers for their creative contributions in their blogs:
1. Sakhi, who blogs at “Sakhi’s Laghukatha” for her fascinating short stories, which make you think about the varied social subjects. Amazing us of her creative talent of writing fiction.
2. Corinne Rodrigues, who blogs at Everyday Gyaan, who posts inspiring and uplifting anecdotes, incidents, real-life experiences of her own and those known to her for her readers.
3. Rachana Shakyawar, who blogs at “Humming Today”, and posts thoughtful, information and links about social subjects, while stressing on the need to celebrate life as we live it.
4. Nita J Kulkarni, who blogs at “A Wide Angle View of India” and writes extensively about varied important matters that affect us, through her highly-researched work, loaded with statistical data and her own take on the subject.
5. Manju Joglekar, who blogs at “Of Cabbages and Kings” , posts unusual stories and incidents bringing into focus matters that would otherwise escape our attention.
6. Priyank Thatte, who blogs at “Final Transit” The pictures and travel experiences of this back-packing youngster holds your attention and you’ll almost think you were with him in that journey he describes.
7. Krishnan, who blogs at “Musings & Miscellany”, for posting great stuff which he invariably finds and shares it with us enriching us with every post.
Congratulations, fellow-bloggers, do pick up the award and do all those things, that I just did – except post some whatnonsanz, of course - Do let us know 7 things about yourselves, award it to 7 of the deserving bloggers that you’d like to pass the award and let them know about it as I have done too.
10 comments:
Thanks a lot Gopi. Your rib tickling posts are always a delight.
Thank you, Gopinathji!
Unlike President Obama, whose selection as recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize is controversial, you totally deserve the Kreativ Blogger award!
Your '7 things about myself' are hilarious- you play second fiddle, do you? :D
Terrific one again Gopi!
Some of the things we didn't know about you actually told us something about Mrs Gopi..."second fiddle" and "filthy socks"...how can you even laugh?!
Being creative doesn't necessarily mean writing stories :)
As you can see from the (increasing) comments here, I am not the only one who thinks you deserve it !
Good post, again :)
Krishnan, Manju,Vinodji - Thanks!
Jeans - thanks - agree that anyone can be creative without necessarily writing fiction or poetry. But what nonsanz?!!! Thanks again.
@ Gopinath Sir
Yeppiii.....!!
I'm blushing...jumping..and claping all at the same time...!
Thankyou so much for this award..I accept it will whole heart and honour, as this is from you :)
Thankyou so so much Sir!
Shall be having party today...Cheers!!
I just forgot to tell one thing...
Here wishing all the other winner...congratulations!
Have fun!
Celebrate life..
Thank you hai ji for the award! :D :D
and i too have my thinking shoes (though not the stinking socks!!) :D :D
Gopinath, you are too kind. Thanks. :)
And about the rest of the post: :) :) :)
Its very honorable and you deserve it.. :)
Post a Comment