Share this blog with your friends and well-wishers!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Announcing My Brand New Blog - No jokes!

Dear Friends,

When I began blogging earlier this year, I had been posting light humorous write-ups based on common observations and not-very common thinking in a manner that would attract readers.

From the feedback that poured in, it is safe to assume that I have achieved my objective to give my blog a purpose – to tickle readers to loud outbursts of laughter! Lots of LOLs! Somewhere down the road, I thought it apt to call my write-ups “Artickles” and not “articles”.

Some of my posts may not be as humorous as some others. But I assure readers that they will be interesting and in lighter vein! It is natural for readers to consider posting an interesting but serious subject in the “Artickles” blog, as deceptive and criminal.

So, what then would yours truly do if while trying to write a humorous piece - and it turns out to be a serious, thought-provoking piece? Or when I want to touch, not ‘tickle? I would post such write-ups on my other blogs.

"Small Steps along the way", for instance.

Also, some of my older articles, which were published in newspapers many years ago will be posted in “My articles" , as and when time permits (there are 2 posted already!). I would also post new articles which are not "Artickles" here if they do not fit into the theme of Small Steps blog.

If for any reason, readers would like to partake of some thought-provoking material such as current affairs, investment, politics, educational reforms and so on, I have listed some blogs, which I have liked in “My Favorite Blogs” alongside. I would continue to add to these whenever I come across interesting stuff on the www. I dont worry about the competition (my only real competitors are Laloo Prasad Yadav and Navjot Singh Siddhu).

But if you insist on more humor, you can visit

Cartoonist Satish Acharya’s Blog, - I have blog-rolled him recently!

Readers have posted comments, written me emails, even posted their review of my blog on Stumble Upon! I sincerely thank all readers for taking the time to read and to even leave a comment or write me appreciative mails!

I have also been tagged by Rachana Shakyawar. To know more about what the tag is read her post!

My response to her tag is below:

Questions
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food? Right now?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. What is your favorite drink?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. What is the one word that describes you?
12. What is your user name?

Answers
1. Gopinath
2. Fish Fry
3. St. Lawrence High School
4. Blue
5. Preity Zinta
6. Himachal Pradesh – Himalayas, Mountains
7. Lime Juice
8. Chocolate
9. Old man
10. Peace of mind
11. Restless
12. Gopinath




1. Gorgeous Pic of Lord Krsna, 2. Untitled, 3. 2001 - Present: UO campus, 4. 2008.01.30 Blue Moutains Tour - 075, 5. Preity Zinta at Cannes, 6. Is this what you mean by "fluids intake"?, 7. Is this what you mean by "fluids intake"?, 8. 14th August 2007 / Day 226, 9. I Wanna Grow Old with You, 10. Comfortable*, 11. Not available, 12. Gorgeous Pic of Lord Krsna

I tried to be funny but the rules did not permit me - I hate rules!

Wishing all fellow Indians A Happy Independence Day!

Gopinath Mavinkurve

7 comments:

Rachana Shakyawar said...

Hi Sir,

Its a intersting tag...i want to thank u for letting this tag blog its way...indeed its been really kind of u to accept my request for the tag list...!

Cheers..

Vinod_Sharma said...

Happy I Day to you too Gopinath.

Sidhu being your competiton is fine but Laloo? Surely you don't believe that you are a fodder-eating bufoon!

You have a gift. We have the pleasure of going through what you create. Wish you the best for all your endeavours in blogosphere. Even elsewhere!

Gopinath Mavinkurve said...

Laloo is competition because people begin to laugh even before he opens his mouth - while I have to stir my grey cells to bring the same impact on my readers!

Krishnan said...

Happy I-Day to you Gopinath. Continue to tickle us more and more.

Vinod_Sharma said...

LOL...well said!

CV Arun said...

Hi gopi,

Nice to read ur blog.But,posting personal information and likes/dislikes can land you in trouble esp. in cyber world. Unknowingly some of your list may be your password or identity question somewhere. So please abstain for ur sake atleast.

Cheers
Arun

Gopinath Mavinkurve said...

Thanks for the helpful tip, Arun!
Cheers, Gopinath