Share this blog with your friends and well-wishers!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

More amazing landscape paintings by Shyamsundar Savkoor

Some more pics of the amazing landscape paintings by Mr. Shyamsundar Savkoor have been uploaded below for your viewing pleasure! The link to the blogpost about the artist is here.

Picture Credit - All the pictures below have been taken by a student of Mr. Shyamsundar Savkoor
































2 comments:

daseja said...

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks.

Gopinath Mavinkurve said...

I have received several comments on the blogposts about Shyamsundar Savkur's paintings, which I am reproducing below for all to read:

First Blogpost
Thanks for this lovely article.

Bhanaps in general, especially those of the older generation are humble and publicity-shy

We need to bring more and more brilliant but 'under-glorified' personalities to limelight!

- Vivek Hattangandi
Immense thanks, Gopinath maam, for the wonderful introduction of an amchi artist of highest caliber. My wife too dabbles in painting would be too happy go through your article. I suggest Savkur maam’s great works may be digitized and their beauty be stored for eternity!
- Prasad Kailaje

A great artist. Thank you for sharing. God Bless
- Vanita Kumta

Shyamsundermaam is a hidden Gem. His work should be given a lot more publicity.
- GURUDUTT MUNDKUR

Kudos to the artist. His paintings are brilliant.
- Gopalkrishna Bhat

I particularly like the sunlit backlighting effect he has.
- Bevinda Collaco

Loved the paintings. Great artist.
- Gita Talgeri

Thanks for introducing us to a great artist, all his painting are very beautiful.
- Ashok Marballi

Second Post “More paintings…
Thanks a lot for sharing these amazing paintings, Gopinath!
- Vivek Hattangadi

Thanks a lot, indeed, for the visual treat.
- Prasad Kailaje

Thanks for sharing the lovely paintings done by Shyamsundar Savkoor. I knew a person with the same name long time back - in the early 60s - when I had just joined Bank of India at Madras. Shyamsundar Savkoor was the son of Dattamam Savkoor and was employed as an Officer at Union Bank of India, Madras. As a matter of fact, his family and myself had shared a ground floor flat... warm regards
- Nandakumar Hattangadi